IN DEVELOPMENT RPi conversion to cooler running and touchUi

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Henry feldman, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

So phase one this morning after a brutal week in the hospital of 16+hr shifts, where I am sort of awake enough after 2 cups of coffee, was to start my conversion of my RPi3 octoprint setup to a touchUI console so I don't have to run back to my laptop to cancel a runaway print or whatever. I figured since the Pi3 runs hotter and will actually be running a GUI that some cooling was in need. So added a really nice heatsink from Adafruit which definitely drops the temp on the Pi down around 10C.

[​IMG]

Will add the touch screen later today once my new RPi image is up and running and post...

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  2. SoBaldrick

SoBaldrick Well-Known Member

there is an excellent vidoe on you tube about PI3 heatsinks. which dispay are you going to be using.

3. Henry feldman

4. Henry feldman

And we are up and running. Unfortunately had to wipe the Pi as for some reason when I added the kernel extension to the pi it bricked... Ugh, now have to get my custom controls back (yep should have backed that up!). Next need to build a good case and put the regular USB cable back on which snakes around the back.

[​IMG]