RUMBA to Duet2Wifi adapter

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by 69charger, Jan 26, 2020.

1. 69charger

69charger Active Member

I made this adapter plate when I upgraded from the RUMBA controller to the Duet2Wifi. Worked like a charm! I used motherboard standoffs inserted in the Duet holes to raise it up a bit, otherwise it sits flush with the bottom of the BigBox.

Attached Files:

nemith likes this.
  2. Geedor

Geedor Member

I am about to change my bigbox dual hybrid to duet 2 and was wondering if you could point me in a starting point for that upgrade

3. Hugofitz

Hugofitz Active Member

I'm just doing this myself, but I'm going to move my electronics to the underside of the main compartment (for ease of wiring and re-wiring) the PSU will remain on the bottom panel. Very happy to share my results with you. I'm using duet and duex (IDEX build in the pipline!)

4. Duncan Chivers

Duncan Chivers Well-Known Member

I did it a few months ago. My advice: label everything!
    I would also recommend crimping new connectors on to the ends of all the wires, the ones that come packaged with the duet board are really good.

You won't regret it, my printer is much quieter now and I feel like I'm much more in control of it, especially with the duet web console, which is excellent.

5. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Try this

https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/bigbox-duetwifi-controller.1766/#post-19287

While it's nice to keep everything together, I kinda wish the electronics were in a separate external box as access is just a pain when things aren't perfect. You definitely need a plan before you start, and plenty of space.

Follow Duncan's advice: this is a good time to label everything really well.

Duncan Chivers likes this.