IDEAS Rumba to Rambo?

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Peter, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Peter

Peter Member

Hi,

As I'm currently going through a little electronic issue (most likely self inflicted!, thread here), I'm short of a functioning Rumba board. In my spare stack of 3D printing parts, I have a new Rambo board that was supposed to go into one of my other printers... never happened though. So I was thinking, would it be possible to use it in the BigBox? I know I would need to crimp new connectors and so forth, but technically would it be a good idea or bad? Anyone done this mod?

Cheers,

Peter.

2. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

hmm It looks like it should work, maybe check the PT100 connection what does it use I2C? But the rest looks OK, Oh and do NOT have a Rambo running my Rumba is still alive.

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Should work but the main problem will the the PT100s... To use them you have to use the amp boards which need 5V. Two of the three amp board pins should be connected to the thermistor PINs on the other you have to supply 5V...

4. Peter

Peter Member

Is there a data sheet available for the PT100's that E3D uses? - disregard, found it on their wiki. I guess for the supply, I could use a pololu step down...