Rumba

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Hphock, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Hphock

Hphock Member

There appears to be an issue with the Rumba board (one of the components doesn't seem to have a good soldier).

I was wondering how to replace the rumba and if I need to somehow put a firmware on the board (and how to do it)

2. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

The build quality of the Bigbox Rumbas (Geetech? )was not very good, Which component is causing trouble? The fix could be an easy one.

If you really had to replace the Rumba, THIS is a better quality replacement.

But replacing the Rumba may be bad money after good since that's a good part of the cost of upgrading to a Duet Wifi

3. Hphock

Hphock Member

Im not very literate about this stuff. It looks as if the soldier on a component wasn't very good. I have a photo on phone that doesn't want to seem to upload. If I upgrade to the Duet Wifi, what does that entail and how would I them commission the printer?

4. Ephemeris

Whoever maintains this forum made a silent change that limits the size of files you attach to something around 1MB and it doesn't warn you or explain why it fails. So either crop the picture or compress it a little so it squeaks under the file size limit.

5. Hphock

Hphock Member

Here is the old Rumba board - I circled the suspect area in Red. I think I have the correct Dual firmware on the new Rumba board - followed the following:

https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/firmware-flashing-guide.708/

I am not sure I have the steps set correctly under the driverboard. The new Rumba board has dip switches, the one in the photo has Jumpers. I need to know what to set the dipswitches for for the X, Y, Z, E1, E2

Attached Files:

6. Ephemeris

:eek: That does look a bit nasty

So you already bought and received a new Rumba and it has dip switches for the stepper drivers?

I did a little reading and it looks like all the stepper drivers EXCEPT Y are supposed to be set to 16X micro-stepping. The Y-stepper is set to 8X micro-stepping.

Looking at my 'retired' Rumba it looks like all the switches should be ON except one of them for the Y-stepper. Which one though? Did the manufacturer supply a board drawing with switch labels or are their silk-screened labels on the board identifying the switches?

Looking HERE it looks like the switches 1-3 for for the Y-stepper should be ON-ON-OFF

Good luck