Rust in Titan lid bearing...

Discussion in 'Titan' started by threephourths, Jan 9, 2018.

1. threephourths

threephourths Member

I found rust all over the hobbed gear shaft and a broken lid bearing with rust covering the interior ball bearings tonight (the lid bearing was damaged so bad I could see into it), after having only had this for one month. I contacted the seller from Amazon but I thought I would make a post due to the fact that I have noticed a few other users posting about rust as well. Check out your lid if you have bought a Titan in the past few months.....

Attached Files:

Benjamin Lakeit likes this.
  2. Benjamin Lakeit

Hi there,
    same issue here with me. I got annoyed by a squicking sound the Titan made during printing, thus I just disassembled it today to find the culprit. The entire bearing area was covered in rust. I gave it a fair amount of oiling, but I doubt this will last very long :-(.
    I've bought the Titan many months back (actually March 2017), thus there seems to be an issue which is dating longer back (I'm pretty sure that my Titan did not get wet during time of operation, except for standard humidity in the air).
    Best regards,
    Benjamin

3. threephourths

threephourths Member

I contacted E3D support directly about this and got a reply finally. They are aware of this issue and they are going to get replacement bushings sometime this week. They are unsure about how to proceed with the replacement process however. I would contact them directly about this so you will be in the loop about how they will proceed.

For the time being, I replaced both of the MR95ZZ bearings that the hobbed bolt uses. Its working for now but Im curious to see these bushings