S3D settings

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by eca, May 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. eca

eca Well-Known Member

Okay, so I have printed benchy and also did another "practice" print, but all of the sudden I can't seem to get anything to print. The printer moves as if it is printing, but the extruder isn't moving. When I do a calibration it works, so I am assuming it it is something I did wrong in S3D (must admit that I have almost no clue as to what some of the settings should be). Not even sure if just copying and pasting the S3D settings (.fff) from Alex just need to be just copied and pasted to a Rich file and imported (which is what I did and seemed to work) or if they need to be compiled or something.
    Also, I am trying to print a softer filament (similar to the harder Ninja semiflex), any tips there for settings?
    Thank in advance...

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You have to download it as an .fff file then goto "File" menu in S3D and "Import FFF profile"...

eca likes this.
  3. Richard Barbosa

Richard Barbosa Well-Known Member

eca likes this.
  4. eca

eca Well-Known Member

My problem is that when I go to github and click on the file it just shows me the whole coded text and not just a file to download (now I have never used Github so I am probably doing something wrong). I copied the text to a Rich document (I read somewhere that the .fff files can be exported from S3D directly to an .fff file and was hoping it also works the other way around. But, I don't think it worked (my wife has my laptop and I haven't been able to check it again). I am a little behind the times when it comes to computers and coding. I have a lot of catching up to do...

5. corey

corey Well-Known Member

Download the Zip file on github then you will get the file to import, button to the right (Clone or download)

eca likes this.
  6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

RichText is bad... If you copy by hand then make a text file and paste it.
    Or go to github.com/Alex9779/BigBox-Settings navigate to the file you want, click it so you see it still then the good looking formatted github site then you have a button called "RAW" just right above the text. Hit that with a right mouse click and select "Save link to..." or something like that...

eca likes this.
  7. eca

eca Well-Known Member

Thanks!

8. eca

eca Well-Known Member

Okay, I see now where you download it, I kept clicking on the file and went too far where you can't just download the file :rolleyes: