Screen freeze on LCD

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by RTBiscuit, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RTBiscuit

RTBiscuit Well-Known Member

have started to commission the printer, but have hit a problem, where the screen all of a sudden goes back to the main screen with nozzle temp on etc and freezes. no amount of dial pressing and twiddling will make it move.

if i turn it off and on again it comes back to life. but then does the same again after about 20 seconds.

has anyone else had this? is there something i have missed? or is it a fault?

2. RTBiscuit

bottom of screen says err:mintemp

3. RTBiscuit

tested the bed heating up cycle and nozzle cycle of which completed both fine.

wondering if its had an impact on the commissioning stage as I've tried to carry on and now the z axis is crashing into the nozzles on auto home and doing the same on the x axis. adjusted the screws etc and it doesn't.

but then all of a sudden it will say mintemp error and freeze out again.

4. Mark Curry

Mark Curry Well-Known Member

Sounds like a loose PT100 connection..? If you are crashing the X axis either you endstop is not far enough out or your motor is reversed... X stop crashes can lead to PT100 connector being pushed around. It is normal for max temp error (and I guess min temp) to indicate a bad PT100 connection somewhere, and for it to cause the Rumba to freeze up...

RTBiscuit likes this.
  5. RTBiscuit

so i need to check all the PT100 connections, to make sure they are ok. might have knocked one with my hand when finishing the wiring

6. RTBiscuit

Mark you were spot on, one of the PT100 connectors had fallen off the back. reconnected and all is good

7. Mark Curry

Mark Curry Well-Known Member

Common problem, glad I could help,,,