Set up ESC for ASMBL

Discussion in 'ASMBL' started by Matthew Barnard, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Matthew Barnard

I've used the config.g file for setup, connected signal/ground on esc into fan 8 on the duex5, and have been unable to get the motor to respond using either the "M280 P7 S50" or M42 P7 S0.5" commands in gcode. Any guidance? My ESC seems as though isn't not receiving a proper PWM signal but I don't have an Oscope at the moment to verify. I am getting a range between 0 and 5V depending on S value. I presume that I can send a gcode command and start the motor to test things out. :)

Attached Files:

2. CMP-F

CMP-F Member

Which firmaware ware you running? RFF 2 oder RFF 3?
    With RRF 3 this runs fine for me:
    M950 S3 C"exp.heater3" Q50 ;use heater 3 output for signel ESC with 50Hz (in config)
    M280 P3 S40 ;start ESC
    M280 P3 S1500 ;Start Motor with 50%

Remenber to connect the ground esc into a ground on the duex5 and the signal to a heater output

3. Matthew Barnard

Thanks! I'm not getting the motor turning but I do see a 50hz output on the duex5 heater 3 (pwm 2). I'm running RFF3 firmware now. Is there any other gcode necessary? Thanks!

4. CMP-F

CMP-F Member

The Config you included doen't work with RRF3 Firmware, as far as I can see.
    You have to convert it to RRF3 first: https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/RepRapFirmware_3_overview

But when sending those three commands via the console it should work nevertheless. No other gcode required.

Are you sure, your wiring is correct?

5. Matthew Barnard

Welp turns out I had to invert the signal for it to work. Odd, I couldn't find any documentation online about that
    Here's my gcode to get it to work:

M950 S0 C"!exp.heater3" ;use heater 3 output for ESC signal @ 50hz
    M280 P0 S1500

Thanks for the advice!