Simplify3d z offset issue

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by hammy, Oct 6, 2016.

1. hammy

hammy Well-Known Member

OK so I set the offset correctly with the paper test and can double and triple confirm that it is consistent. I level it and make sure the leveling is saved. Then when I go and print using the raspberry and compiled gcode from S3D the printer starts printing and it says its at say .14 but really its at more like .44 so my question is how do i get the printer to the proper z height when I print vs when I calibrate.

2. Paul Seccombe

Paul Seccombe Well-Known Member

If you print the calibration Benchy from the sd card does it behave? By doing this you should be able to isolate the issue away from Simply3d and onto something with the printer itself.

3. hammy

hammy Well-Known Member

Also a question when you Home the printer and then level the printer first do you need to do store data to save the leveling and second do you need to run home again so the printer knows where it is?

4. hammy

hammy Well-Known Member

So I got the head to go to the right z height but I still think something is going on I have to set it before each print and its always different. Now the printer isn't pushing filamnet out after like the 3rd layer I think its something to do with the printer pulling the filament out and back in