Single Titan on Pro

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by SoBaldrick, May 9, 2016.

1. SoBaldrick

SoBaldrick Well-Known Member

@Greg, are you going to be releasing a extruder mount for a Pro, so you only replace the extruder sub assembly and still use the V1 lower head assembly.

#1 SoBaldrick, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. Alex Stevenson

Alex Stevenson Well-Known Member

+1 @SoBaldrick

I do appreciate the support of the community, but would like to see a little more clarity and direction from the BigBox team directly, and something a little more official that might clear up confusion regarding various (officially supported) upgrade paths.

3. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

I read once upon a time I believe that the Pro and the Duel 1.1 carriage is the same, you just don't use the other half of the carriage as the dual can hit the full 300 now.

4. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

This is correct.

5. SoBaldrick

SoBaldrick Well-Known Member

yes the pro and dual V1.1 are the same unit, but I'm talking about the V1 pro hotend mount, if I don't want to upgrade to a dual until they bring out a dual titan direct drive, that means if I want to use a titan now, I have to rebuild the extruder and hotend sub assemblies, would be much better if there was a titan extruder mount that was compatible with a Pro v1 hotend mount.

6. Miasmictruth

I have a feeling no one is going to double the work by converting the 1.0 carriage. You don't have to rebuild the hotend just slide the assembly out of the lower X carriage and slide it into the new one, you already have to rebuild the extruder assembly if you want to go Titan.

7. Miasmictruth

Not try to sound snarky after rereading my post it reads that way a bit sorry about that. I just mean that there will probably not be an official release of the 1.0 pro designed for the Titan. As the 1.1 carriage will work for both Pro and Duel

Its possible that someone of the community will release something but if your waiting for it to happen it may never come is all I meant.

8. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Be aware the if you convert from Pro V1.0 to Pro V1.1 you will decrease your build volume if you do not either cut your upper frame part or use the lifted top carriage part...

Miasmictruth likes this.
  9. Miasmictruth

Ahh good point forgot to mention that.

10. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh forgot that is if you convert to Titan...