So many problems Im losing my mind

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by nettle, Jul 29, 2015.

1. nettle

nettle Member

Hello!

I have upgraded my original K8200 printer with an E3D v6 HotEnd Full Kit - 1.75mm Universal (Direct) Genuine. I have not got this to work for one minute since I got it.

First off the filament jamms somewhere so that nothing comes out from the hotend. In the beginning of the heat up some filament are dripping out, but then it always stops completely again.

The temperature in Repetier Host is also strange. The numbers indicate that my hot end is not getting up to the desired temperature. This is shown in the picture below. Also the heatsink is very hot. As I have read it should be cool to the touch. But it's really hot. Why? The fan is working and it should have the right installment and power.

I am very eager to get this to work, it has been jamming for a few months and not a single print has come out.

Please help my find a solution to this.

And also, I am not very advanced with these technical stuff so I would appreciate if you saw me as a printer-noob that does not know a thing. So, I want to learn more now so I can overcome this and start using my printer for its purpose.

Many thanks!

2. Damage

Damage Member

I am far from an expert, and I know absolutely nothing about your printer. But your symptoms sound like your firmware is configured for the wrong thermistor (Temperature Sensor). On my install I had to edit the configuration to tell it to use a different type of sensor because that one that the E3D came with is different than my stock factory sensor. If you don't have the correct sensor configured, the temperature will read wrong and the heater will be chasing false values.

Here is a link to what I had to do in my case.. http://www.soliwiki.com/E3D_extruder#Edit_the_Configuration.h_file

Your requirements may be different, but I can not say for certain what that would be. Sorry I don't have a specific solution for you, but hopefully this will help with your research until someone with more knowledge can come along and help.

3. nettle

nettle Member

Thank you! That makes sense, could be that kind of temperature-problem. I will check this out to see if my configurations are wrong and see if it solves my problem.

4. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Actually I think you assembled incorrectly. I'm betting there's no gap between the heatsink and heat block. There should be a ~3mm gap. Please follow E3D's assembly instructions.

5. nettle

nettle Member

Thank you elmoret! That was exactly what I had done wrong the last time I assembled the pieces again. Now I got the correct temperature in Repetier Host. It heatens up really quick and holds the correct temperature of 190 degrees. I use PLA.

But now, the filament still gets stuck somewhere down the road. It just wont get any further, and I cannot press the filament down by force if I hold the spring up by hand. I can get the filament up again without problem and it is not melted at all.

So now I am back where I was a few weeks ago. The jamming problem is still there.

Any thoughts?

//nettle

6. Johnv

Johnv Member

Have you tried increasing the temperature to 198 degrees, I have the same setup as you but have problems with the temperature reading and need to do the amendments to the Config file mentioned above but they are hard to understand.
    So try the higher temperature settings, it keeping me going until this temperature thing is fixed.

7. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

If you remove the brass nozzle, can you pass the filament all the way through the hotend?