[SOLVED] Fan issue on extruders

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Steven, May 14, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I'm running the stock RC3 firmware for BB-Dual.
    Fan0 on Rumba board goes to left hot-end fan and left snail-cooling fan. These work properly when the hot end is above 40c.

Fan 1 on Rumba goes to right hot-end fan and right side snail-cooling fan. Does NOT come on at all when hot end is higher than 40c. If I swap the fan plugs (with Fan0) then the issue follows. It seems the Fan1 plug does NOT get turned on at all.

How do I fix?

#1 Steven, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Can you post a photo of the fan connections area of the Rumba board, the area to the left of the power connections.

It sounds like you have (incorrectly) a Hotend Fan and Print Cooling fan connected to the same supply (Fan1).

Both Hotend Fans should be connected to one supply (Fan 1) and should therefore come on at the same time (and at 40oC)

Both Print Cooling fans should be connected to the same supply (Fan 0) and both should come on as and when the slicer prog (say Simplify3d) has them configured to come on.

Hotend Fans (Those that clip onto the heat-sink)

This should show two sets of thin black and red wires going to "Fan 1" connections.
    One plugs in using the original connector on the wires
    One has the original connector cut off and the wires in the green terminal block
    Print Cooling Fans (Those to the left and right of the hotends, larger and more powerful than the Hotend Fans)

This should show two sets of thin black and white wires going to "Fan 0" connections.
    One plugs in using the original connector on the wires
    One has the original connector cut off and the wires in the green terminal block​

As both sets of black and red wires connect to the same connections, then both Hotend Fans should come on at the same time.

As both sets of black and white wires connect to the same connections, then both Print Cooling fans should come on at the same time.

3. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

That's IT! I thought Fan0 was for the left side fans and Fan1 for the right side.
    I'll change them around as per your post.