Spacers for PSU

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Henry feldman, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

The directions say use a 12mm screw with 5mm white nylon spacers from bag 1. The spacers in bag 1 (of which there are 3) are 15mm long (which clearly don't work with a 12mm screw. I am happy to cut them into 3x5mm, but didn't want to if later I need 15mm spacers.

[​IMG]

2. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm fairly sure mine were quite low so I think they're meant to be 5mm. The BOM says they should be in bag 1 and some in the fixings error bag, if you have one. I didn't need to cut any. The larger ones should be for the RUMBA I believe.

3. Henry feldman

Hmmm. I'm looking again. The longer ones I found the use for (in the idler for the extruder)

4. Henry feldman

OK, I did find them (in that extra stuff bag) but there were only 2, but good news is the local electronics store had plastic spacers, just the wrong length (3/8") and the wrong inner diameter, but a hobby knife, and 3mm drill bit, and per my micrometer I got within 0.2mm of 5mm, so other than the color clash of 2 charcoal colored spacers, all set...