IDEAS Stians Chimera Zesty Nimble

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Stian Indal Haugseth, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have not had much time the last years to do anything with my BB. I hope to get some done now. There was so many cool mods for dual and IDEX and had all kind of plans. Going back to basics I decided not to convert to rails at this moment. Will use the original rods but in a vertical configuration.

The reason I want vertical oriented rods is be because I think the layout will benefit Dual Zesty Nimbles on a Chimera. Lessening the distance between the Chimera and Nimbles. Hopefully there will be less play because of the drive cable.

I am basing this on @Greg Holloway's BigBox Dual X Carriages (Direct)
    https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/bigbox-dual-x-carriages-direct.2184/

Major changes from Gregs mod
    • Mirrored the motor and idler carriages on Y so the rods are towards the back.
    • Since I do not need IDEX I'm moving the belts in between the rods.
    • Tilting the motor so the pulley is pointing backwards
    I'm hoping a 34mm Nema 17 will be enough as I want to use a smaller motor. Should be fairly simple to modify to use a larger motor.

Just a few renders of my first changes. Still pretty coarse.

Right side carriage - front
    Vertical bars - Horisontal motor right side front.jpg

Vertical bars - Horisontal motor right side back.jpg

Greg Holloway likes this.
  2. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

The X motor mount and idler pretty much done and next would be printing them. Also finished the base of the x-carriage and mocked on the main parts. Stians Zesty Nimble Dual Chimera v6.jpg

Greg Holloway likes this.