Stopping & Starting print, printer jammed

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Stigern, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Stigern

Stigern Well-Known Member

So.

I started this print which kind of failed, had played around with extrusion multiplier i S3D. And I stopped it from the menu of my bigbox. Went in and chaged to normal extrusion in S3D and ran the file again on my bigbox.

Then all of a sudden I hear a loud "cogging" sound, and found my printer jammed... And trying to run trough the glass bed!

20160630_054300.jpg

This has happened a few times before, didn't care and just restarted my printer and went on.

This is how my starting script in S3D looks like, maybe someone sees a fault there:

Code:
    ;BigBox Printer Start Script Begin

M117 Print Starting.

;Home & Autolevel
    G28
    G29

;Dock
    G1 X70 Y200 F3000
    G1 X70 Y240 F3000

;Prime Extruder
    T0     ;Select Extruder 0
    G92 E0     ;Reset E
    G1 E10 F200     ;Extruder 10mm
    G92 E0     ;Reset E

;Undock
    G1 X80 Y240 F3000
    G1 X80 Y200 F3000

;BigBox Printer Start Script End

Hope someone can help me understand what happens :O And why :p

2. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

I don't have the single head printer. When I had a problem with my starting script I used Octoprint terminal to go through line by line (missing anything out with a ; However, I suspect your problem is G28 which is the home, looking at the picture, I think your Z sensor is off the side of the bed and won't be detected. I would guess it should have a home in the middle of the bed.

Just typing in now, shouldn't the head be at the front of the printer (0,0).

3. Crashbombs

Crashbombs Well-Known Member

Your picture does look weird, but I don't know if that's just a different setup from how mine went together.

Anyway I run into this issue sometimes, I find that if you stop a print within the first couple of layers, and then try and start a new print the auto-home wont work properly. Usually what I do when I run into this issue is manually lower the bed 10mm or so, then try and start the print. Assuming everything else is setup properly you should be good to go.