Taulman Bridge - struggling to get it to stick

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Proto_BB, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Proto_BB

Proto_BB Well-Known Member

For some reason every time I print a test part (80mm long by 10mm wide) with Taulman Bridge it lifts up off the glass build plate (BigBox dual hybrid) and it's a complete failure - even with a raft (the raft lifts). I have run a bunch of tests over the last few days and can't get it to stick to the glass. I have tried bed temperatures of 45, 50, 70, 100, 110 to no avail. I have altered the print temperature from 240 through to 255. I keep the print cooling fan off as per Taulman guidelines. There is no popping or visible steam. It came straight out of the vacuum packed bag.

I have tried printing on bare glass and also using UHU stick. Nothing seems to work. I have re-leveled the build platform at least 10 times using mesh leveling.

If anyone has run Bridge on their BigBox it would be good to know what's worked for you.

2. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Have you tried UHU on the build plate? It sounds like you need better adhesion than what sounds like plain glass. UHU, hairspray and kapton tape are few things I tried with varying success depending on the material printing when I had the glass build plate. I've never printed Bridge however.

3. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

So I have printed frequently with taulman nylon (I use 910 mostly, but have used bridge as well). The most reliable (and I rarely have failures with nylon) is to use the Wolfbite nylon adhesive. Yes it is a little more expensive than hairspray, but since the day the big box arrived I think I have use 25% of one bottle... One application (thin is good) lasts many prints, so unless you print an insane amount, one bottle will last a very, very long time. If you find it sticking a little too well (very large surface area) I have a little bit of UHU will reduce the adhesion just enough (similar to edge)

4. Proto_BB

I trued UHU and did not have any luck with it on longer parts. It worked fine for small pieces, but as soon as I started on the full length piece it started peeling up on both ends with UHU. I ordered some of Elmers Purple glue stick. Apparently it has more PVA than UHU and is apparently (other forums - and Taulman mentions Elmers brand on their site) the preferred glue stick for nylon.

Henry, I would really like to get myself on some of that Wolfbite adhesive. It seems to get good reviews all round. The problem is that I'm in Australia and their shipping calculator does not seem to support Australia and don't have any resellers here that have the one for nylon :(

My BigBox is currently down. I will be doing a Duet Wifi conversion in the hope to get automated leveling with BLTouch. When that is done I will get to test Elmers glue with nylon and will post back here my findings..

5. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I'm sure we could do it. If I send it to you as my long lost cousin and you PayPal me does that cause some rift in Australian customs?

6. Proto_BB

Thanks for the generous offer Henry. I should probably email them and see if they have a solution before I put you to the trouble.