temps read to much high

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by GHiOM, May 24, 2015.

1. GHiOM

GHiOM Member

hello
    I have installed a E3DV6 on my leapfrog creatr.
    But i have an issue.
    I have re install the original firmware with just the thermal sensor configured as 5 like the E3D suggest . #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5

I think the temps readed is wrong .
    when i heat up, the temp is going up more than 12-15°C per seconds. Very faster than before !
    But, even i heat up at 250°C, it's not so hot when out of the nozzle.

with my other printer, ( flashforge creator pro ) when temp is at 230, the ABS out of the nozzle is very hot.
    with the E3D v6, the ABS is not so hot, and the extrude is so slooooowwww … like it was to cold .

off course M303 S2xx T0 failed everytime . Autotune failed! Temperature to high … of course, the temps read seems so wrong and go up so fast.

have you already seens this ? have you an idea about what to check ?

thanks for the help

2. GHiOM

GHiOM Member

I check everything in firmware and hardware.

Everyhing seems ok.

But i need to ask 265°C to have ABS out wich looks like 225°C-230°C

any idea ?

3. Sanjay

Sanjay Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't know what electronics the Leapfrog uses, but it is possible that they have a different balancing resistor on the boards potential divider which would give different readings even with the correct thermistors and temperature table.

I would advise using a thermocouple inside the hotend to try and verify your temperatures if you have one. They are very cheap and can be plugged into many multimeters to read them.

Other than that I would suggest double checking the thermistor config in firmware, just in case.