That didn't take long....

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Argus, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Argus

Argus Member

#1 Argus, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

That is a shame. I know it happens, but makes me sick seeing it. I hope E3D can go after these clowns.

3. Tom De Bie

Tom De Bie Well-Known Member

I'm afraid e3d can not do anything about that. They would need a attorney in China and such cases have the lowest priority and can take years and years.
    E3d probably outsources the moulding to a Chinese company and that's where the problem lies... those companies make much more then E3d orders to make sure they deliver the best quality and all the rest gets dumped on the outlet market.

They are the victim of their own succes :/

4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately copying of designs, and selling the same happens everywhere, not just China. Some years ago a UK company I worked for commissioned a new graphics board for a mini computer we were customising for our own application. Only to find when we visited an industry exhibition that "our" graphics board the one we had paid for the design development and testing of, was on sale by the company we had paid to do all the work. This meant that the board on sale was not a 3rd party copy/clone or a redesign to perform the same function, it was the same board as we were being supplied with on what we thought was exclusive agreement with our company. There was probably something in the contract that allowed this to happen but it was not within the spirit or understanding of the agreement.

China just seems to do this on a much bigger scale.

5. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I prefer to spend more,support e3d and also get their quality check and support.

Plus this clone will due fast, look at the hobb :)

6. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Member

Actually that IS the E3D Titan - they lifted E3D's photos 1:1, the only modification is they blurred the E3D logo on the first picture. I would say this is more likely to be an outright scam that either never gets delivered or what you do get will look nothing like the photos which are of the actual official Titan.

7. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

It is the one with the bad hobb