SOLVED Thermistor and Maxtemp Problem

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Chris Guzman, Jan 20, 2018.

  1. Chris Guzman

    Chris Guzman Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2017
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    All last year I've been printing almost non stop with my Big Box Pro, but after some wear and tear I was due for some part for the extruder. It just so happens the Gold V6 came out and I thought I give it a try. Once it came I went through with building the extruder, wiring, and following the comissioning steps when I boot up I get the ERR: MAXTEMP.

    I've been looking through the forum and followed up with possible wiring issues with the PT100 and even grabbing the firmware files for configuring the marlin with the semitec 104GT2 thermistor for V6.

    After a while I just tried putting the old thermistor from my previous V6 and the error was gone. I contacted E3D and they confirmed me they are the same thermistor and I even contacted the E3D suppilier in my area and they supplied me with a new thermistor.

    After all that, with the new thermistor here, I still got the error. The old thermistor is pretty beat up and I would like to use a new one. I just wanted to know why the new thermistors I got with the Gold V6 and replacement thermistor is give me maxtemp error and how I can fix it?
     
  2. Old_Tafr

    Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2016
    Messages:
    675
    Likes Received:
    88
    I guess you could measure the resistance of each thermistor (108 ohms from another post) disconnected from the Rumba and compare them. As they are just resistance they should not be sensitive to polarity but who knows, so swap the meter leads around to see if that makes any difference.

    Seems like there was another post recently on the same theme with PT100's
     
  3. Chris Guzman

    Chris Guzman Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2017
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I measure all of the thermistors and you are correct the old thermistor gave me 111 ohms and the ones with the old v6 and replace didn't show anything at all.

    Thanks for help.
     

Share This Page