Thermistor reading wrong temp

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by torjoreyri, Jan 24, 2017.

1. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Member

I just installed a Lite6 on my Maker Select, making sure to follow the instructions about reflashing the repetier firmware on the melzi board and using tempsensor 8.

I didn't get any error messages from the reflash, and made sure to run a PID tune first thing after getting my printer back up and running, but the thermistor is reading about 20º too high.

At ambient temperature, immediately after turning the printer on, the bed reads about 20ºC and the hotend reads about 40ºC. I am unable to even print PLA unless the hotend reads about 240ºC, which is much hotter than it should be.

My printer has been out of comission for nearly two weeks while I search the entire internet trying to solve this problem, but I'm having no luck at all. I purchased another thermistor, which just arrived today, and I'm having the exact same problem. I never even put this new one in the heater block, just plugged it in and let it sit outside the whole assembly, still reading 40ºC at ambient.

Taking it out and measuring the resistance across the molex(?) connector at ambient yields about 115Ω, which goes down if I hold the thermistor itself.

What could be causing the problem here? I'd really like to get my printer back up and running.

2. Cedric_K

Cedric_K Member

Maybe eeprom setting inside firmware, preventing from overwriting parameters you send. Ever seen with a melzi board.

3. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Member

How could I diagnose that?

4. Tom De Bie

Tom De Bie Well-Known Member

After uploading a new firmware go in the LCD menu.
    Select 'Control' --> 'Restore Failsave'
    Then reboot the printer ;)

5. Cedric_K

Cedric_K Member

You could be sure of that if you're running Repetier Firmware, on a EEprom-ed controller.

When sending new firmware with arduino IDE, you also have to change EEPROM-MODE value inside configuration.h ,

If not done, the new FW you're flashing will not overwrite actual parameters inside controller.