Thermistors off by 30 degrees

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jarrett, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Right after powering on from idle, my left nozzle is 30 degrees C higher then the right. Is this a broken/shoddy part, or is there something else that would cause that to happen?

#1 Jarrett, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

More info would probably help.

BB 1.0 or 1.1?
    Single/Dual/hybrid etc?
    Firmware version ?

"from idle" is this from powered off to on ?

Did it work ok previously e.g. before you powered it off? had you been printing, or just built it or?

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmmmm I had a similar issues some time ago... Is the offset constant so if you heat the left does the temperature reading increase?
    In my case the offset disappeared when the motors got powered so if you move and axis with the LCD or home the machine is the offset still there?

4. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Sorry this is 1.1 Dual Hybrid. Firmware version is whatever came stock, (received early July) I'd have to confirm that later. Yes it is a constant offset. If I heat the left it will heat, but I have no idea how accurate it actually is then. Yes, from powered off to power on, after sitting for a full day of no use. I just finished building a few days ago and has been an issue from the start.

#4 Jarrett, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

I've got another thing happening now too, where the left nozzle temperature shoots up to the 280s and I get a MAXTEMP error, when the entire hotend is cool to the touch. Right works just fine...

6. ndpg

ndpg Active Member

I've had a bad connection in the connector in the sensor cable near the hot end cause a high reading. Not as high as 280 though but enough to bering the fans on.

7. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Update. I checked the connections. I am actually getting a LOW reading on the main nozzle. My bed and left nozzle are at 24C and the right is at 13C, which is obviously not right since I live in FLORIDA. Any idea what would cause a LOWER temp?