Titan Aero and Nozzle X

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rodolfo, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

So, I've had this combo for a few months now, and a couple weeks ago, it stopped working properly, out of the blue. It prints well sometimes, but 95% of the times it grinds the material and ruins the print. Everything is new, except for the heat sink and the motor. The fan works fine, and i'm trying to print PLA at 230ºC, wich is a lot when in comparasion I was printing at 216ºC, the exact same roll of filament.

I've cheked and rechecked my settings and nothing changed.

The board is a Duet2Wifi, with the latest update, with wich I had been printing just fine.
    One thing that is most noticble, is that I cannot any longer extrude by hand. If I try to push the fillament into the extruder, it is very hard now.

What can I done wrong???

Thank you for all the help!

2. Daniel Rock

Daniel Rock Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hi Rodolfo,

I would recommend checking the health of the bearings. Are they still rotating freely?

3. Steve Bone

Steve Bone New Member

i have found that the titan aero needs cooling all the time so perhaps print temp too high? I was having similar issue where i was having no fan on first layer, it was fine on small footprint prints but then had this issue trying to print bigger item. I change fans to on all the time and issue has gone away. I think the heatbreak gets too warm and the filament bulges in it and causes extruder to grind and stop working. 230 Deg sounds very high for pla in my noob opinion?