Titan Aero - Extruder Motor Gear Slips on Flywheel

Discussion in 'Titan' started by MCFrescher88, Jun 11, 2017.

1. MCFrescher88

MCFrescher88 Member

Hi All,

I've had my Titan Aero for about 2 months and things have been great. Up until now everything has been peachy with the hot end and extruder. I have a 1.75 mm 12v with smaller extruder motor option. But a few times in the past, and recently this morning at hour 4 of a long 14 hour print, i notice the gear on the motor shaft skips/slips on the plastic flywheel gear and has a clear audible chatter. Tension on the filament spring does nothing to change this, and the first 3.8 hours everything was fine too. I can visible see the metal gear slipping on the plastic one. Had to stop the print because it was not extruding any filament. I don't think it's a clog in the nozzel because i can easily push filament through with my hand and from the LCD menu commands too. What could be the cause? Are there any metal gear upgrades for this piece? Any one else have this issue before?

WillyAu likes this.
  2. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Hi
    I have the exact same issue. My Titan was performing perfectly and then all of a sudden the same issue your having arises. Tried swapping motor, driver as well as print settings and still the same. Have you resolved your issue?

WillyAu likes this.
  3. WillyAu

WillyAu Member

Ok same issue as well it been fine for about six hours of prints now Its skipping quite lucky enough I was around to hear it :-(

4. stavros glezakos

stavros glezakos New Member

Mine did this out of the box..... After looking around here the top 4 threads are about this problem. I am contacting the vendor now.

5. WillyAu

WillyAu Member

Thats not too good they seem to have released a product with no QC, I have now had the Thermo go as well so not happy with that probably because I have taken it apart and put it back together so many times.

Not happy either worst part is I am in Aus thus have to work through a reseller, I am going to have a bit more of a play but it may just be junked I have a number of people following on what I am doing and some are saying now that I have had problems they may as well just go for a china version at 10% of the price thinking I may just order one just in case.

I feel he issue is from the mount and it will be an ongoing issue shame they don't supply or make a metal mount.

#5 WillyAu, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  6. Gene Dahilig

Gene Dahilig Member

I've had my Titan Aero for about two weeks now and am seeing slippage as well.

Comments, E3D?

7. Gene Dahilig

Gene Dahilig Member

Any chance this is related to the misalignment issue reported in another thread here?

edit: added thread link

8. WillyAu

WillyAu Member

I actually realigned it got better for a time then the same problems again the silence from E3D is deafening on this very forum, so have given up its now sitting in a draw and I have put a clone back on.

In all honesty, it was just a waste of time and money.