Titan Aero goes always completely clogged

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Andrea Agostini, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Andrea Agostini

Good morning, I'm Andrea Agostini from Italy, about three weeks ago I've bought from the3 site the Titan Aero for my Creality CR-10S... everything went ok for some prints (which resulte excellent) but now the nozzle clogs EVERY time I try to print something, sometimes it clogs after hours from the beginning but usually after few minutes. I've tried with different PLAs filaments so this is not the cause. I've read and followed the guide for the cold pull cleaning method linked in the FAQs but it didn't work... I cold pull the nozzle about three times before it extrude again (in the beginning it's COMPLETELY clogged), but after this I print again and the problem returns... I have no idea about what could be the problem... can you please help me?
    thanks and regards
    Andrea

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Have you taken it apart Nozzle, heat-sink tubing etc?

Do you have new parts to replace old/damaged/clogged parts?

3. Andrea Agostini

yes to the first question, no to the second, i only have replacement for the ptfe tube.

4. Old_Tafr

ok so what did you see/find when it is all apart?

Plus did you follow E3D instructions to the letter on re-assembly? If so point me at the WiKi page for this (please) :)

-------------------------------------------

5. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Reduce retraction to under 2mm. You shouldn't need more, and if you do you want to check what temperatures you're printing at. The Titan Aero is direct and was not designed for long retractions, which don't tend to work well with any all metal hotend anyway.

6. Andrea Agostini

Now the Aero starts to click and then clugs....here's a video and some pictures of the disasters as well as my S3D main settings...someone could help me?

Thanks
    Andrea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Andrea Agostini

Retraction is at 0,5mm

8. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

This sounds like a motor stalling. This might be due to the temp being too low. What are your printing temps? We tend to recommend 210-220°C on PLA for these all metal extruders.

9. peter a

peter a Member

I`m having the same problem of it clogging , sometimes it is a block to the filament path where the filament is blocked from entering the heat break or problems with filament clogging inside the heat break.
    I`m running at 200 - 220c PLA and retraction is 0.5mm .
    It says 1.5 turns with that setting it wouldn`t feed any filament , I need to use 3 or 4 turns ( OR MORE )
    to get it to work correctly.
    It is not the nozzle , I tried a new one which makes no difference .

#9 peter a, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  10. Old_Tafr

Maybe the way the whole thing is assembled? e.g. the path through is restricted, rough etc?

Cooling not working maybe so filament melts in the wrong place i.e. too far into the heat-sink?

11. peter a

peter a Member

You may be right about the last part , it`s happening more when I started to make my printer neater , by fitting plugs etc, so it could be a voltage drop on the cooling fan , I think it is the whole heat break heating up.