Titan Aero Over Extrusion on Anet A8

Discussion in 'Titan' started by LauraJacob22, Dec 27, 2018.

1. LauraJacob22

LauraJacob22 Member

[​IMG] I sincerely appreciate anyone’s help on this, as I am new with 3D printing and trying to learn. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

I’ve just installed the Titan Aero on an Anet A8 and updated the Marlin firmware according the the docs. I’ve printed 7 XYZ cubes trying to dial in the over-extrusion and it seems like no matter what number I put in the firmware and update, it still over extrudes. I have pictures for an example. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Can't see (open) the image you posted; a problem lots of people have in posting pictures.

More info too :) which slicer are you using? Marlin version? Controller make/type that marlin is loaded on?

People with more experience than I will be able to help, but initially it looks like there are other parameters that may cause "over-extrusion" from which I assume you mean simply just too much filament deposited?

If you have a config file from the slicer then post that so people can see things like filament you use, temperature, if you calibrated the amount of filament extruded (original BigBox instructions have calibration where you check that extruding 10 cm does that and you adjust parameters if it is more or less)

3. LauraJacob22

LauraJacob22 Member

I am using Cura for slicing software. I have an Anet A8 with an Anet V1 Controller Board.

When I did the XYZ calibration cubes, it appears that the printer is over-extruding. I'm not 100% sure, but that is my first guess. With the stock extruder, I did have it printing quality cubes.

I will complete the calibration check tonight and post the results. Thank you.

Here is a link to my Cura settings:

Thank you very much for your patience. I was having trouble with posting pictures. Below is a link to the picture of two example XYZ cubes.

If you have any other suggestions, I welcome them. Thank you, again.

4. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member