Titan Aero Skipping or "Clicking"

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Cwmacier, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Cwmacier

Cwmacier New Member

Hello,

After reading a bunch of the forum here I seem to be running into a common issue. I went through my setup 3 times and ensured that the gears were aligned properly and still having the clicking issue. I backed the screw that holds the gear in place way off. After a bit of tuning it was extruding fine but then it started not extruding again and was the getting the clicking issue. Is this just from the temp being too low on the nozzle? I can check my nozzle height but I am sure that is fine too and not pinching the nozzle.

Could this be the bearing issue? I got mine two days before they released the note on the bearing issue and still got mine shipped with the regular bearing.

2. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

If you can video it as it's happening, it might help. Clicking is mostly a sign that the filament cannot be pushed any further. This can happen due to filament deforming before it gets to the hot end.

3. pehe99

pehe99 New Member

I have the same problem, printer is a CR10, FW Marlin, Titan Aero, with a volcano nozzle, tried 1.0mm printed fine about 90min (PETG at 240), then started to click, stopped extruding, when i helped with the hand a little it extruded 5 or 10 sec, then the same, I controlled the extruder, changed the nozzle to 0,8mm, same problem.....
    tried to upload a video - sorry, not possible

4. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

YouTube for videos. Here for links to videos. Clicking indicates a jam; challenge is to figure out what's causing the jam.