Titan Clicking on Retraction

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by ElmoC, Apr 29, 2016.

1. ElmoC

ElmoC New Member

Got my Titan installed on my DIY CoreXY printer and loving it. Using the short body motor with no problems. I have noticed that the Titan makes a clicking sound when it retracts. Is this normal? I don't remember hearing it when I was first setting it up. Not really sure what would be clicking in there.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Could it be the grub screw that is not fastened and is ticking against the flattened part of the motor axis ?

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

I had something like that too...
    I found that you can, how can I explain that you understand, rotate the motor if you loose the screws a bit and the Titan itself is not rotated. That rotation results in a distance between the pinion and the main gear.
    The ticking was the result of the gears not touching each other completely so when the direction was reversed the pinion had no contact to the gear tooth immediately but travels a bit then hits the tooth of the main gear and produces that sound.
    So I "rotated" the motor to the pinion presses against the main gear that there is no play between them and the ticking went away...