Titan doubt in bowden configuration

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Riccardo, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Riccardo

Riccardo Member

Hi,
    I would buy the e3d titan for my CoreXY, now Iwatch videos and pdf on this extruder, but I see a probably problem that I want to ask. I have coreXY in a bowden configuration with 1.75 filament and bowden is 4mm od, 2mm id, now on the titan there is a bowden adapter where the filament gets out and in thi side the bowden tube is blocked by pushfit, but in other side is there pushfit?? From the image there isn't. Now I have mounted an airtripper with e3d goblin that is extraordinary good, but I want a geared extruder, my filament enters from the bottom and exit from the upper in bowden tube that goes in the hotend...so probably I must mount the titan upside down but my big doubt is: without pushfit (in idler part) the bowden moves ?? I put a photo of my doubt in a bad movement of bowden and where I would put the titan (where now there is green airtripper) P_20151222_135139.jpg TITAN-IDLER-PTFE.jpg

Sorry for my english, I'm Italian boy.
    Thanks a lot

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The tube in the idler is a pretty tight fit, some people had problems inserting the tube in there, I for myself had to clean the hole of molding residue and sand the tube a bit to insert it. I doubt there would be a problem... You just need a very short piece of tube inserts, actually a tube just as long as the idler insert is but that's too hard to handle.
    I had my bowden Titan on the Bigbox mounted "head over" and had a tube of about 100mm inserted and I had no troubles with the tube dropping out...

3. Riccardo

Riccardo Member

Thanks a lot, but if I don't put the bowden in that side...are there real problems?? Because for example now in the airtripper i put nothing in the side where filament enters, I print PLA and ABS 1.75mm
    Thanks

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

It is recommended because the idler is designed for 3mm filament too so the 1.75mm filament has space to go left and right and may not be centered always on the drive gear which will result in feeding problems and under/over extrusion...