IN DEVELOPMENT Titan Dual Direct Drive Design

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Chase.Wichert, May 10, 2016.

1. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope... If you don't have the image you flashed anymore bad luck. No way to extract...

2. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

Anyone have the S3D settings for this set up, and the Arduino Code file settings? the nozzle offset and homing offset. Using Greg's bed mounted IR sensor.

3. Björn

Björn Well-Known Member

Nozzle offset is best set in S3D, here is what I use in the starting script (might need some tweaking for you) I have adopted Alex ideas on this :)
    ;set values

M218 T1 X29.5 Y18.1 ; set extruder 1 offset

3DDP likes this.
  4. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

it doesn't home right for the bed. do you have the reduced bed settings?

5. 3DDP

3DDP Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the edited Arduino firmware for the hotend offsets, bed settings, travel distances etc. I'll even take just the numbers, and plug it into my firmware. I have the extruder offset set in S3D and in the firmware, but it doesn't bed level properly as it tries to crash on the X axis beyond the reduced travel distance set in the firmware, and the dual calibration is off. I've reduced the max travel after things are homed by 20-30mm for Y & X hoping to prevent a crash, and the steps are properly set.

6. Pipshag

Pipshag Active Member

3DDP I have my own flavour of Marlin for the Dual Direct here based on RCBugFix. Don't run it right off but read it and integrate whatever settings you want.

S3D Start script for Extruder 0 (with G29 for ABL)
    Code:
    ;BigBox Dual Direct Drive Titan for Right Extruder
    ; Start script (relies on M83 - relative extrusion distances)

M117 Heating...
    M140 S[bed0_temperature] ; Set HEATBED temperature
    M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0 ; Set TOOL_0 temperature

M117 Homing...
    T0; Select TOOL_0
    M218 T1 X29.45 Y-19.85 ; Offset
    G28 ; Home XYZ
    G29

; Not in use - M117 Settings...
    ;M905 K37 ; Lin_Adv K-factor: PLA around 36 - PETG around 40 - ABS around 70
    M92 E405 ; Extruder steps/mm for current filament
    M301 P27.24 I3.19 D58.23 ; Set PID-values (200C F60%)

M117 Park and heat up...
    G1 Z5 F360 ; move Z axis by 5mm

G1 X70 Y205 F3000 ; move to position in front of dock
    G1 X70 Y240 F3000 ; move into dock

M190 R[bed0_temperature] ; Wait for HEATBED temperature
    M109 R[extruder0_temperature] T0; Wait for TOOL_0 temperature

M117 Priming nozzle...
    T0; Select TOOL_0
    G1 E15 F200 ; Reverse EoP retraction
    G1 E15 F50 ; Prime with 15mm extrude

M117 Cleaning nozzle...
    G12 P1 T2 ; Clean nozzle in triangular pattern

M117 Printing...

7. Repkord

Repkord Member

Thanks for sharing your forked firmware. Have been using Alex's fork till now but interested to try yours. I gather you're still playing with the Lin advance stuff since it's currently commented out?

8. Pipshag

Pipshag Active Member

Yeah, there was some changes which made LIN_ADVANCE work... not satisfying. Currently abadoned any RCBugFix in favour of a coming IDEX Bowden update.

9. Repkord

Repkord Member

Ah... gotcha.

One other question for now. How are you able to reach a 240 Y_MAX_POS on your setup. I can only seem to get out to 230 before the head crashes into the back of the box.

10. Pipshag

Pipshag Active Member

240 has been working good for me, it's from the front of the BigBox to the back of the dump zone. Did you adjust your front endstop screw?

11. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

I actually use 245 for the Y limit and could go close to 250. I think perhaps IDEX questions have drifted into this Dual Titan Direct thread.

12. Repkord

Repkord Member

Yeah, I forgot I tweaked my front endstop... 240 works great, could probably even squeeze in more if needed. Thx.

13. Repkord

Repkord Member

Hey @Pipshag, have you had any luck getting MBL working on your firmware. I've tried making adjustments through the Octoprint config plugin to just disable AutoBilinear and enable Mesh but for some reason it doesn't seem to home right when I do it that way. The manual leveling via the printer screen locks up on Homing XYZ and the Z axis seems to get stuck at 5mm. Not sure if its a bug or if I'm just missing another config somewhere.

14. Pipshag

Pipshag Active Member

I think I read something about a bug in RCBugFix which was fixed at a later date. Not 100% sure though. You could pull in the new changes and merge them with the repo if you have a git client and a diff tool.

Otherwise I would warmly recommend ABL. It really does work nice. Make sure you have a somewhat leveled bed before. You can lower the amount of points it scans but I recommend a large number instead of a simple 3x3.

15. Repkord

Repkord Member

Yeah, I can't for the life of me get it to level as well as I can with the MBL... call me old fashioned... I am intrigued by the upcoming UBL stuff, eager to see how that evolves.

16. 3DogModeling

3DogModeling Active Member

I have a standard and Mirrored Aero on order that I'm going to work into this design, anyone else gonna try this?

17. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Is there a way to have ABL and NOT have it go through the levelling process every damn print? As much fun and as well as ABL works, it just seems silly to re-measure the same stuff every single print. It's not like the bed is going to warp between prints.

18. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Maybe they are compensating for the shards of glass peeling off from Edge... :rolleyes:

Spoon Unit likes this.
  19. dc42

dc42 Well-Known Member

I thought Marlin allowed you to save the height map to EEPROM but maybe I am wrong. On the Duet the height map is saved to a file on the SD card and normal practice is to reload it from file instead of probing every time. If you use swappable bed plates, you can keep a separate height map file on the SD card for each one if you need to.

20. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

I am not sure if it will work, but you can try issuing M420 S1 to enable bed leveling after homing (G28).
    If you use M420 S1 V you will get a message with the status of the leveling and a printout of the mesh data.