Titan extruder hobbed gear misaligned.

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Thesecky, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Thesecky

Thesecky Member

Hi. I bought a new original titan extruder expecting some improvements over the fake one i had before. But as it turned out, the unit i recieved has a really strange flaw, causing the filament guilde, hobbed gear and idler not to be alignet in one single line. I send my problem to the e3d support email, and got some instruction in how to fix that. I had to hammer the plastic gear more to the end, causing the idler to be able to come in the same line as hobbed gear. But that still hadnt fixed my problem with the black collar not being aligned, so they decided to send me a new hobbed gear-plastic gear combo. But with that new part, the problems are still the same. Now i am wondering what to do, since the filament gets grinded by the hobbed gear because of the exes friction due to the filament not going in straight line thrue the filament guide-black collar. Because of that, the bearing that holds the hobbed gear also started to rust because of the exes strees put to the whole constuction. Also my spring has to be tottaly untightened because the hobbed gear grips the filament from edge, where the teeth are the most up. What to do, i really want to return the titan. Can i do that. Thanks!

Attached Files: