Titan grinding out with 0.8mm volcano

Discussion in 'Titan' started by lance, Sep 6, 2016.

1. lance

lance Well-Known Member

So im printing on my bigbox with an E3D volcano with a 0.8mm nozzle and a direct drive titan on it.

im printing with 0.3mm layer height and 0.8mm layer width (same as nozzle) and printing at 50mm a second is fine but I cant go much faster than that as then the titan drive wheel grinds out the filament.

ive tried adjusting the spring pressure on the titan, i have a little brush on the drive wheel, im printing at 220 instead of 210 to reduce the pressure a little bit. any other advice?

2. moe9584

moe9584 Member

Hi,

I get similar effects with Titan and E3D volcano 1mm nozzle and 0,5mm layer height (3mm ABS 100%infill, ). At the beginning everything works fine, but with a higher infill area the titan wheel grinds out the filament (3600mm/min).
    The infill getting lesser and lesser, the perimeter where printed fine.
    In case of cleaning the gears it works for a few layers, but in the end lowering the printing speed to 2400mm/min solve the problem.

The movement of the wheel was very impressing.

3. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

0.3*0.8*50= 12mm^3/sec. This might be a little fast even for Volcano, depending on the polymer being used. Would suggest reducing speed.