Titan i3 kit on BQ Hephestos.

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Gaspode, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Gaspode

Gaspode Member

Hi

Has anyone else used the titan on the BQ Hephestos - there obviously needs to be some changes to carriage - an extention for the x axis endstop for a start so it doesnt bang into the endstop (and the RAMPS on the back with the fan attached)...

I'm new to this so not sure where to start to with creating a custom x carriage - has anyone done this ?

Thanks

G

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Not for the BQ, but I did for my Robo3D. I'm lucky enough to have people in the Robo community that supplied Solid Works models of everything on my machine. Looking at you Mike ;) I took what I needed from that and used Fusion 360 (free for hobbyists and students) and designed a custom bracket. If you don't have access to those type of base files for your machine, you can always start getting rough measurements and start drawing it out. If you need dimensions for the Titan, those are also available if you want. That's the best part to me is designing.

Now the BQ is an i3 style correct? E3D has the i3 kit for the titan. Have you looked at that yet? It's for a proper Prusa i3, but worth a look at how they went about it. I think the plastic parts are on Thingiverse as well.

http://e3d-online.com/Prusa-i3-Upgrade-Kit

Cheers!

3. Gaspode

Gaspode Member

Thanks .. I do in fact have the i3 kit - however the carriage is no good for the hephestos as is as it doesn't hit the x axis stop correctly and collides with the RAMPS box on the back. So it needs a remix - I may have found one on thingiverse - but I wondered if someone here had done this.

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member