Tool changer brush does not match with extruder

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by riky7027, Jan 2, 2020.

  1. riky7027

    riky7027 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2020
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hallo. I tried to activate cleaning nozzle funztion on Tool changer system. After brush installation and activating M98 PRIME/PURGE function on system editor files, i encountered a problem: ectruder does not reach exact position to make a right purge/prime.
    Do you encounter this problem? I think I wrong something, but I don't know what. Thank you for any suggestion tg_brush.jpg
     
  2. Ben Kay

    Ben Kay Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2019
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    14
    You'll need to adjust and tweak the x/y positions in the pbrush.g etc. files....you can get a good idea of values you will need by manually jogging the nozzle to the front and back of the brush...noting down the x/y readouts, and putting those into the scripts.
     
    Greg Holloway and riky7027 like this.
  3. riky7027

    riky7027 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2020
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you very much. I thought coordinates in .g file was already with right setup. now i solved.
     
  4. Andy Cohen

    Andy Cohen Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2019
    Messages:
    216
    Likes Received:
    55
    BTW... In case you missed it... Metal brushes on brass nozzles will wear down the nozzle. Either go with a hardened steel nozzle or you will need a different brush. Some of us are using a silicon basting brush instead. Works for me!
    I recommend reading other threads on this forum related to wiping and priming. It will save you time trying to reinvent what many of us have already gone through.
     
    Greg Holloway likes this.
  5. MikeL

    MikeL Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2019
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    1
    I found this too issue too.

    The locations in the prime/purge scrips are actually about right for me. The version of the firmware on the duet as shipped has a bug/feature where the tool offsets are not applied until after the post script. I spotted this because the z probe is aligned with the brush correctly.

    Just upgrading to firmware to the latest 2.x.x version fixes this. You could use the new 3.x.x but it looks like other config changes are needed and I've not looked into that yet ..
     

Share This Page