Tool Head Dreams

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by Jason Chodakowski, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Jason Chodakowski

I think the head I've been thinking about is a laser for marking and using the extruder as a A or B axis (whatever it would end up being) to pivot on the toolhead.

That being said, is there anyone out there making toolhead raw bits? The posts and plates, etc. Parts that can be used as the diving board

2. Frostie2k

Frostie2k Member

I do, what do you need?

3. John Meacham

John Meacham Well-Known Member

They are now selling tool plates standalone on their site. I think you are limited to just one though.

I am working on an inkjet toolhead at the moment. To turn the toolchanger into a wildly expensive inkjet printer :)

Though, there are cool things you can do with it, marking parts, adding full color to a print, maybe patterning solvent on the surface for some reason or another. Maybe do somethnig like "print" some watered down PVA glue as an interface between support and regular material so it can be snapped off easily, or to allow filaments to bind that normally wouldn't.

Jason Chodakowski likes this.
  4. Nibbels

Nibbels Well-Known Member

I bought 4 toolplates (2 with the printers order and 2 afterwards) and 4 docks and 4 receiver parts.

TC-DOCK-KIT-V6
    TC-RECIEVER-V6 (You have to buy a M6 grubscrew too)
    TC-PLATE-AS

I dont know if the limit exists in general, but in my case I did not buy any tools. I bought 2 TitanAeros along with the parts and printed a selfmade adapter between the parts and the TitanAero. Pics @ https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/3mm-wiring-forces-and-toolchanger-docking-challenge.3446/
    Screenshot_2.jpg

5. smoki3

smoki3 Active Member

Where can you by the reveiver and the docks?

6. Nibbels

Nibbels Well-Known Member

7. smoki3

smoki3 Active Member

Tried it today in the chat. They told me that it is not sold separately