TronXY Dual Aero

Discussion in 'General' started by Jess Anteni Holderbaum, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Jess Anteni Holderbaum

Does anyone have experience with mounting a Dual Aero configuration to a TronXY X5s(a) printer? I have already ordered a single non-mirrored Aero (via another source, as they were out of stock at e3d), with the ultimate intention of going to a dual aero 2in 2 out configuration. I know the current X5SA board can handle dual extruders, but I am considering changing out the mainboard to a BTT so I can more easily run Marlin v2. I have tried searching online for any mounts that may have already been made, or any information about setting up this type of configuration on a TronXY, but I've not had much luck.

I'll consider also going to the X5SA upgrade kit to Pro, but though I may be better off just doing the parts myself, as the pro kit includes titan Bowden tube extruders, and I want a direct Drive like that on the Aero. I picked the X5SA as I though the CoreXY was a better printer for the larger weight of having two direct drive extruders on the same carriage. I've also though about perhaps 'extending' a carriage to handle the two print heads as well.
    Do any makers out there have any experience with this, or even just mounting a non mirror and mirror Aero on a printer (preferably a coreXY).