Trying my first calibration and benchy print

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Ray, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Hi all,

UPDATE: I took the SD card out of the Raspberry PI and now the prints work, is this expected?

I have just finished the build and gone through all the calibration steps for the nozzles, I am now trying to do the filament length calibration or the 3DBenchy.gcode, however selecting either of these does nothing (with the filament length calibration I have first manually heated nozzle 1 to 210).

I have also manually moved the nozzle 1 and can see it rotating.

I have the Octoprint but have not configured it etc. But the Pi is plugged in.

Any help please?

Ray

#1 Ray, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. hangsta

hangsta Member

Go through the OctoPrint configuration and you should be able to print from the LCD. I had the same problem. Maybe the board gets hung up waiting for a response from the Pi or something when OctoPrint is not configured.

3. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant to reply back, I did as you suggested and as you say, it works fine with OctoPrint running.

#3 Ray, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

This is odd, I worked through the build doc sequentially and the benchy print worked, then I configured OctoPrint.

I'm sure that a print direct from the front panel should work regardless of OctoPrint being installed or running as it is also an option.