Trying PrintBite

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Dr Jeep, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Not heard much about this and certainly not in the context of a BB so I thought I'd give it a go, bought a 300x300 mm sheet from 3dfilaprint.com.

Specifically I'm looking for something to make my old K8200 as new user friendly as possible as I am preparing it for a new newb and young user as an entry into 3D printing. But couldn't resist trying a sheet on the BB first.

Not the cheapest build surface in the world but they say it is maintenance free and long lived. I must say I popped it on a spare glass bed, reset the Z offset and did a PLA print which previously has given me a lot of problems with edges lifting off the bed. and it just worked.

Seems consistent with the IR probe as well (though I haven't seen the problems others have experienced) gonna try it with Edge (as I have been really struggling with Edge and adhesion)

Has anyone else used it ? The claims seem almost too good to be true given the range of materials (including tricky ones like Nylon) they claim it works well with.

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Well just an update, I am digging it. run 6 prints off (two in PLA 2 the rest in Edge) and had zero adhesion problems, and not had to do a thing to it between prints, just let the last job self release, remove any skirt with a plastic scraper and start the next job. It almost grips edge too well at 230/80C (a thin part with a large surface area in contact took a long time to release, you have to be patient)

If you want hassle free and newb friendly then this might well be it, the only limitation is if you find a material that doesn't work on it then you are pretty stuffed as it won't like any other bed prep like glue stick being put on it. I have 2 spare glass plates so I intend to leave them plain.

mike01hu likes this.