UltiFaker Printer (Printed on the BigBox)

Discussion in 'Show off' started by Syko_Symatic, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

So, after about 2 months of printing, building and wiring I have an (almost) complete Ultimaker clone. I am just waiting on my clever3d PEI bed. All parts except the aluminium 2020 were printed on the BigBox in EDGE.

The direct Titan design is mounted on top of the E3D Ultimaker "upgrade" created by E3D using a mount of my own design (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2166840) it works so I am pretty proud of it ;)

It was built from the fantastic clone found here (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:811271) actually it is technically the extended version.

It has a Duet Wifi at the heart of it, which if you still don't have one you should! I have included the following link to my youtube video showing how quiet the printer can be, the fans are by far the loudest part.

There are a few custom parts created by myself to give it my own unique twist but it is primarily still the original clone.

All in it has probably cost around £600. Not too bad considering the build area and quality it is capable of. Not forgetting that it is a bit quicker than the BigBox too. I can get around 70mm/s printing a benchy, though I have yet to complete one due to the lack of build plate!

Anyway! Any questions or general comments are welcome!!

Now what shall I build for my next one??
    IMG_5796.JPG IMG_5801.JPG IMG_5811.JPG

2. A Dragon In A Pie Costume

A Dragon In A Pie Costume Well-Known Member

looks familiar, I've seen this sort of design somewhere, maker... something I think :p

looking good so far, print a bb with it

Syko_Symatic likes this.
  3. AndyVirus

AndyVirus Well-Known Member

Did you design the Duet enclosure? It looks epic! Just about to build a second printer and that enclosure is the best i have seen!

4. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

Yes I did! Thank you for the compliment but it was by no means perfect! I had to "modify" a usb connector to boot up the board and the wiring holes need modifying but I am pretty pleased with it!