Unneeded build steps with Titan

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Large, May 1, 2016.

1. Large

Large Active Member

Since I'm building my BB Dual (v.1.0) with the Dual Hybrid Titan upgrade from the start I'd like to know which build steps I can skip. Are all the unnecessary steps obvious, i.e. extruder related (and named thereafter) or are there other non obvious steps that can be skipped?

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

I am also mid build, waiting for the Titans to appear before completion. I have done everything I can including some wiring but until I get the extruders and printed parts there is nothing left to do although I have yet to cut the top panel to match the BigBox 1.1 cutout to allow full travel of the X-carriage. I just ignored all items related to the carriage. I am also trying to load the latest firmware revision but falling over Windows 10's ability to not connect via USB! :(

3. Large

Large Active Member

I've only done the very first step of the Parts Preparation, so I think that I've got a few steps to skip. :)

4. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Does it not like the FTDI drivers ? I haven't used the arduino tools from anything other than Mac or Linux, we are pretty much a Windows free household apart from my wife's work laptop (grumble Autocad grumble). But I do remember reading somewhere that if you let Windows chose it's own serial driver you get a generic USB serial one that doesn't work for programming.

5. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Think the guide is pretty obvious so you should be OK!

Using Windows 10 here with no problems...

6. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Are you following the build guide WiKi?

http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Build_Manual

found on the link at the bottom of this page "Documentation and WiKi" which has lots of other useful info too.

7. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

No, but I'll download a different set just in case. I am more concerned that W10 did not see it anyway, as others have had no problems. Also, my reserve W7 laptop that I used for programming and K8200 communication decided that this week was the time for it to say goodbye with a total video chip failure (it's been warning me!!).