SOLVED Unusual issue during purge

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Bluemalu, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

Looking through the patch file, the changes make a difference with Auto Bed Leveling (ABL) feature, I've been using and testing your source code that uses Mesh Bed Leveling (MBL). Maybe that's where the issue lays.

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

No there are two changes one in the auto bed section the other where that loop is looping through X and Y axis... I though I should make the change to both...

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

And I think there is no issue. The code was there before but somehow not executed... So the head should have moved in the current RC6 too but it doesn't... This is the bug. The the problem we have now is because it is working correct unfortunately.

#43 Alex9779, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  4. Bluemalu

Do I change all the occurrences of T0 / T1 to T0 H / T1 H or just the ones where it's in the tool change script?

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

It is only needed there where you switch the tool in the dock. So dual start script, tool change and dual end script...

6. Bluemalu

I've admitted defeat I'm afraid, I'm going to wait till update goes through as I've modified the Marlin_main.cpp as per the patch and updated the S3D to 3.1 settings and no joy. In the end I cut and pasted the old code from the marlin repo and pasted it into your code.

Now the printer is happily working away on another cone. I'll try the coding again later. Many thanks for your help and assistance.

mike01hu likes this.
  7. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Think I hit this one trying to print with E1 (right). It does a auto home on T0 then it wants to move T1 to 0,0 and it crashes in the X idler.

As a workaround could I move X right first by the offset amount? Just editing the gcode.

8. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure you can... So I am currently lost what setup you have and what firmware... If left is at 0,0 you have the V1.0 Dual?

9. Stian Indal Haugseth

jup, stock V1 dual

10. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You could change all the moving script (start, end) to use T1 instead of T0 you have to adjust the coordinates...
    I am sorry. I really didn't print dual with Rc6 and the pulled fix... But better we find that now than when they release RC7 or even a GM...

11. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

But I have to say printing dual with real RC6 the tool changes are problematic because of the too high feed rate after switching. It always lets the drive gear of the extruder slip on the filament grinding it... I had some failed prints because of that due to the filament was not transported because of that grinding...
    It is like jumping out the frying pan into the fire. When you use RC6 you have the one problem, with mine you have an other...

12. Stian Indal Haugseth

You are not to blame. It is still a RC. But I think Marlin guys are a bit loose about RC. Introducing alot of new functionality before release is not by my book. Then they should call it something else.

Anyways, workaround so far was to change the X offset to 0 :)

13. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok I updated the firmwares and profiles, firmwares are now exactly RC6 and I introduced the fix in the scripts (tool change and end) to fix the federate problem...

I did this because Marlins Dev made an PR for the new function to NOT move the head on a tool change but base on the current RCBugFix so I am not able to port that back to RC6...