Upgrade From Pro to Titan (non-dual)

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Tetrikus, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Tetrikus

Tetrikus Well-Known Member

Hello all
    I received my Titan upgrade kit (including the printed parts) for my pro and I'm totally lost. :( I don't know where to start and what to do. I know there is a collection with direct links to the build manual for the titan, but I can't follow along. It start's with this where I should take 4x M4 Grub Screws from Bag 14 - but I have only 2 of them in the bag. Since I don't want to build a dual, I guess this is enough, but which of the two "holes" should I use!? :rolleyes:

Is there kind of an upgrade manual already? If not, I'm willing to write one while I do the process, but for that I should know how to proceed.

Do I have to completely deconstruct the current head? Everything which is on the X-Axis? I didn't find anything about the endstop for example, how do I know where I have to place it?

I also read some stories about another part I should print myself to use the full X-width - but since my printer is not working right now - can I print this part after I've upgraded to the titan and will it be easy to replace?

Every little help or hint would be extremely appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

On this image the right one, this is the hole for the hotend which is fed by the direct Titan.

I don't know, didn't find one... Start where you mentioned then continue here.

Yes.
    Yes.

http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/Big...ep_Assembly_Process#.2821.6.29_X-Axis_Endstop

Yes, it is just the top part of the carriage fixed by two screws... Gotta remove the endstop and the Titan extruder assembly including the motor...

Tetrikus likes this.
  3. Tetrikus

Tetrikus Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm a step closer to manage that, but now I'm struggling again. What do I have to put into the titan extruder? If I want to put the Heatsink directly (like seen on this image), I can't because there is the socket of the mount. Do I only have to put this other part in it? (like seen on the following picture). I don't get it - sorry.

Attached Files:

4. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

You mount the Titan onto the carriage, then the PTFE tube coming out of the hotend goes up through the hole in the carriage into the Bowden adapter in the bottom of the Titan.