Usa?

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Tripp, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I was wondering how much longer it takes to purchase in the US and if there will be a US distributer like the current one for the hot ends? Also, the pro is essentially $888 right? Thank you.

2. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

The £750 pro kit in wood equals into $1094.45 USD

3. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

We (www.filastruder.com) plan to carry the E3D BigBox, but they need to take care of Kickstarter backers first.

JohnEsc likes this.
  4. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I do have to say I had no idea the conversion was that bad. I forget where I got that number from but wow.

5. theTroll527

theTroll527 Well-Known Member

Was close to $1600 for my duel with shipping. I just ordered directly for them.

6. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Well-Known Member

same here 1600 with dual, octoprint, and shipping to the US

7. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

Ouch. Looks like if I get it, I won't be getting octoprint or dual extrusion...

8. TstarkEngineering

What is great about the printer is if you change your mind you can simply add dual extrusion or octoprint at any time :)

9. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

I honestly wish there was a decently priced all in one printer. Now that would be cool (CNC, engraving, etc toolheads)

10. TstarkEngineering

I think there was a kickstarter called Boxzy or something like that not to long ago for a 3d printer, laser engraver, and cnc

11. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

Oh I know. Almost 4k for the basic model though. The only decent looking one that's affordable is the Stepcraft 2, but I'm not sure about the 3d printing.

12. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

AIO machines suck. All gimicks. Want a good 3d printer? Get a 3d printer. Want a good laser cutter? Get a laser cutter. Quite simple.

13. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

Okay Mr expert... lol.

14. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

You're quite the little child. I tell you the truth and you come to start ridiculing others for their stance. I work on actual industrial CNCs and laser cutters to know what I'm talking about.You won't go very far in life.

15. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

Awww does it feel nice to be a big man? You're the one who started all the condescension. You also don't know my needs as far as what I'm looking for. Do you think it can handle foam cutting? Yeah, that's what I thought too. Because that's all I mostly need it for. That, 3d printing and engraving. Also, there's no way you know of every one that's out right now. There are some very good ones. I don't care what industry you're in. You're talking out of your ass.

16. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Even if you're just cutting foam. There isn't an AIO out that does everything well. If so, name just one. All the AIO ive seen neglects a huge standard to keep components clean (after carving away material from milling). Hello dust and particles everywhere. My "ass" can speak from real world experience and facts. Your "ass" speaks like a preteen. Everytime you open your mouth, you continually reinstate the last sentence of my previous post.

#16 Trevor, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  17. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

And this statement completely proved my point. You clearly have zero knowledge of the new AIO 3D printers, seeing as how this issues has been addressed. Do you not think these companies have gotten engineers who understand this? Thank god everyone isn't like you. Innovation wouldn't exist.

18. theTroll527

theTroll527 Well-Known Member

Can't we all just get along? The reality is that the lower part of this thread has gotten completely off topic and is not really productive at all.

Miasmictruth likes this.
  19. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

There are no good ones that are out on the market. I never said people should stop innovation and not try to make a good one. That being said, you still haven't named one good AIO machine like i expected.

20. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

You never asked me to name one. And you did say that there will never be a good AIO. Now you're backtracking. You specifically said to buy them separate. But sure I'll name a couple. Boxzy and Stepcraft. Then of course there are plenty in the 5k and up range. But to be honest, I'm more looking in the future and was more just wanting to discuss it with reasonable people (ie not you).