Usa?

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Tripp, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

https://forum.e3d-online.com/index.php?threads/pre-sale-questions.515/#post-3539

Your words, not mine's. Like I said, you're ignorant to your own words. Are you going to go back and edit all your posts to refabricate everything now so everything lines up to your new lies? And don't try to pin others that your not purchasing a BigBox because of them. We know and you yourself know you weren't a buyer. No sale loss if there wasn't one to begin with. Don't kid yourself. Enjoy your Wanhao.

2. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I am working with one of the filament manufacturers and again just trying to get the mixture right for the effect we need (trying to balance the effects we need vs. not messing up the printability), then they will go ahead on their real mixers (which I assume are like real big filastruders - I may get a filastruder for this project going forward - but not sure how well it mixes abrasive materials). The trick here is the add-in material is really abrasive. This is actually for medical education and simulation so won't need FDA certification. We do some medical grade 3D printing of things that go into people, but for that at the moment we print the mold, and a FDA certified company casts the parts in medical grade silicone for us.

3. Henry feldman

@elmoret how does it do on abrasive mix-ins?

4. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

I haven't edited anything to get out of something. Good try though. I did forget about that post. Of course, you would know my posts better than me, seeing as how you follow me everywhere. I do enjoy how you happily ignored everything else I've stated because you do love picking and choosing your arguments. Either way, if I settled, it would actually be on a Makerfarm instead. Also, don't tell me what I have intended to buy or what I haven't little one.

#44 Tripp, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

You dig your own holes.

6. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

Awww... There you go with those blanket statements again.

7. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Well-Known Member

Tripp, from the start you have been very inconsiderate. You ask for opinions then shoot them down. A lot of the people including myself are just trying to help you out with questions from our own experiences. The fact you continue to argue with other forum people shows your maturity level. Though on a side note to trevor and jeep you are also continuing to argue with him which doesn't help.
    I come to this forum to give my help as much as I can as well as ask for advice for things I don't know (which are plenty). Please just stay on topic and be as nom judgemental as possible, for goodness sake it's just a 3d printer.

Miasmictruth likes this.
  8. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

I am completely fine with getting opinions. I've said this more than once, but I'll say it again. This all stemmed from a very rude comment from Trevor (from another post and wasn't helped by accusations that I am a troll simply because I've discussed other 3d printers), which I somewhat ignored, but after another comment, I got aggravated and began commenting back in the same manor. I am apart of a multitude of boards and have never had this issue with anyone. The issue is that people have come in the middle of one of the multiple posts between me and him so it may seem that I started the condescension, but I did not. It's then further annoying when he doesn't point them in the right direction and instead, accepts their misunderstanding. I'm happy to accept comments, but when someone is rude, I will be rude back. That's all. And Trevor has taken a ton of what I've said over our argument out of context and began attacking me while I was in the defense, so am I being a dick? Damn right I am. Do I feel justified in my actions? Damn right I do.

9. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

You raise a fair point.

Miasmictruth likes this.
  10. theTroll527

theTroll527 Well-Known Member

You are starting to be viewed as a troll because you won't stop. You just need to let it go. People say all kind of things online they don't back up, if you get upset about it, you will be upset all of the time.

Your comments have been just as rude as Trevor's has been.

Trevor, the same goes to you. Let it go. This place is a great community, all of this garbage that is going on does not help us in the least.

j.

P.S. I go by the name troll, I might know a thing or two about this stuff.

#50 theTroll527, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Miasmictruth likes this.
  11. Tripp

Tripp Well-Known Member

To be honest, I've tried to, but no one else lets it go either. Then I find random new people coming into the mix, and I feel I need to explain it to them because they read a random comment I made or something.

12. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Sorry. I stopped only to be baited in again by him. I should have known better than to communicate with him. Stopping on my end now.

13. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

I've run it with ABS + nickel coated graphite fiber, no ill effects. As is the case with industrial extruders, for next mixing you would run the material twice, pelletizing (there are pelletizers on thingiverse) in between.

14. Henry feldman

Cool, how do you control the additives mixing in? It looks like a single hopper, do you just sort of premix or is there a separate stream?

My application is for research and development of new medical application filaments. Just wondering how it does with frequent small batches? Looks totally reasonable price for this project, so I will probably order one, just want to make sure it will work for me...

15. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Is that conductive then when its printed? In my electroplating forays the biggest variability is in the forming stage where the first layers are deposited onto conductive coatings. Having said that a conductive filament would probably be prohibitively expensive anyway.

16. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

@Kanedias how far did you get with electroplating?

I researched it quite extensively and

a) never found evidence of anyone plating conductive filament (perhaps because plating typically requires amps (rather than milliamps) of current and "conductive" plastic is still quite resistive);

b) noticed that the pros don't just spray or paint the part but have a multibath process, beginning typically with acid etch, catalyst adsorbtion, electroless plated layer, electroplated sublayer... etc etc. All that with washes in between. Given most of the good chemicals are nasty as well you have really to want to produce a number of pieces to begin to justify the effort (setup, mess, cleanup, storage...).

One of the really interesting things about electroplating is not just the prospect of making stuff shiny but making thin / fine structures significantly stronger and more rigid (the plated layer, bonded well, turns the part into a laminate structure).

17. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

What about EN plating ? Could that work on printed parts (in a compatible plastic with the right catalyst)

18. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Single hopper, mix all polymer(s) and additive(s) ahead of time.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question, but I've run one at least 2500 hours now, generally from 4-72 hours at a time. Does that help?

19. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

I haven't tested. I would guess "moreso than regular ABS" and "a lot less so than the raw nickel plated graphite". I'm sure that isn't too helpful, sorry!

20. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

Here are some examples of conductivity measurements for Protopasta Conductive PLA

How Conductive Is It?
    • Volume resistivity of molded resin (not 3D Printed): 15 ohm-cm
    • Volume resistivity of 3D printed parts perpendicular to layers: 30 ohm-cm
    • Volume resistivity of 3D printed parts through layers (along Z axis): 115 ohm-cm
    48 USD for 500g !!

http://www.proto-pasta.com/products/conductive-pla

The data sheet say it uses cas no. 1333-86-4 for it's conductive properties "carbon black".

#60 R Design, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016