Using Scaffold with Simplify3D and a Dual

Discussion in 'General' started by Kingdom48, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Kingdom48

Kingdom48 Member

I have just got my spool of scaffold and would like to use it on the support structure generated by Simplify3D. However, I can't find out how to separate the support structure from the model. Can anyone point me to a suitable tutorial or video or have I missed the point?

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Depends on where the support structures come from.
    If S3D generates the support simply select a different extruder for the support.
    If the support is modeled into the model then you have to split it into two models...

3. Kingdom48

Kingdom48 Member

Within S3D I can't find a way to select just the support structures and the S3D website does not seem to address the approach.

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Open the process, support tab, left side right under "Generate Support Material" you can select which extruder to use for support...

Christian Riesen and elmoret like this.
  5. Kingdom48

Kingdom48 Member

Thank you
    I have been going through those menus all afternoon and ignored that one because it was greyed out!! A senior moment (afternoon). The trouble is they are getting more frequent.
    Thanks again
    Michael

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Hi, did you get this working, printing support media for a final print? I'm having crazy-making problems with my hybrid-dual and S3d. If you have a working .gcode, could you attach it or message it to me so I can read your S3d settings? thanks..