v6 came with wrong block

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by James Sarson, Dec 7, 2020.

1. James Sarson

James Sarson Member

I bought a Genuine v6 from amazon through the E3D store page. All was well except it contained the old style heater block (designed for the standard thermistor and screw) but with all the new components otherwise. The Thermistor cartridge won't fit as it's too big for the hole in the block. Also, the silicone sock is too big and hangs off the edge.
    I have had it all refunded by amazon but I was wondering how this could have happened? I thought the new design was years old by now.

The only other thing I can think is somehow it wasn't a genuine kit? But it was found through the E3D store page on amazon so I just can't understand it.

2. John Meacham

John Meacham Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone scammed amazon by swapping out the heater block and returning the hotend which was then restocked. Hopefully they don't just restock it again and sell it to someone else.

3. James Sarson

James Sarson Member

Thanks for your reply! I hadn't considered that. It's quite plausible
    Although I didn't return it, Amazon just refunded it without return. Luckily I have the right thermistor and screw so it's technically working. Worst comes to worst it'll be about £9 to get the correct heater block.