V6 Hot End Conversionon on BCN-3d

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Bob Hepple, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Bob Hepple

Bob Hepple Member

I have a BCN-3D Dual head printer which I have converted to E3D V6 Hot ends with std 35w heaters and Bondtech Extruders,,,.. I have had a lot of trouble getting a print without under extrusion,,, I have found the Bowden Tubes as supplied from BCN to be rubbish being tight on my PLA which is colour Fab,, replaced these Bowdens with some from E3D and it now works,

I am new to the V6 Hot ends and I am getting Blobs on my prints (using Simplify 3D) could anyone give me advise on the setting please I'm printing at 210d

Retraction 7.00
    Extra restart -0.50
    vertical lift 0.75
    retract speed 2100.0
    coasting 2.0
    wipe nozzle 5.0

nozzle size 0.40
    extrusion multiplier 1.10

I also use an Ultimaker 2 on this printer I printed at about 190 could I drop temp on the V6 safely...

any help aprreciated

2. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hello Bob,

I'm not really sire about the blobs, this is probably due to the printing temperature. The V6 prints PLA very well, but being an all metal hotend, we tend to increase the temperature to 200-220°C for PLA, as this makes it easier to extrude.
    The only issue which seems to stand out is the retraction, which at 7mm is very aggressive. Usually 2-3mm should be enough, and it would reduce the chance of jamming your hotend.

If you could attach a few pictures then we might be able to understand the nature of the issue better.

3. Bob Hepple

Bob Hepple Member

Antoine

Thanks for the reply have a look at the pic you can clearly see the blobs and also a split in the print this does not go through the print its the outside wall that split, in S3D I have a two line outer shell..
    The Nut was 20 % infill at 210 deg, I take on board you retractions comment and will reduce it to 4mm, print is under way (5hr). The Layer cooling system on my BCN is not very good (in my opinion) and I am looking to mod this as well, problem is the cooling fan is 24v and there's not a lot of scope in 24v fans, I include a picture aswell

any other suggestions welcome.

Bob

Attached Files:

4. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Perhaps dial back the extrusion multiplier?