V6 is loose

Discussion in 'Titan' started by welshiebiff, Jul 7, 2016.

1. welshiebiff

welshiebiff Member

Hi Guys,
    I'm curious if any of you have had this issue. Ive installed my Titan, and for the most part its working really well. The only problem I have is that my V6 is able to freely rotate inside the Titan enclosure. Theres slight wobble also which is showing vibrations on the prints.
    It doesn't show up terribly well in the picture but there is a texture from the vibration.

Attached Files:

2. moe9584

moe9584 Member

Hi,

My E3D is fixed well in combination with Filament Guide. Before inserting the filament guide the E3Dv6 is quite loose.
    To you feel a difference in the resistance of rotation when you inserting the filament guide?

3. welshiebiff

welshiebiff Member

The filament guide is in place (1.75 mm version) and it still rotates. I guess I could put a small piece of rubber in the V6 groove before putting the front back on.

4. Marco

Marco Member

Mine is loose too. I fixed by wrapping the heatsink's collet in PTFE tape.

welshiebiff and danzca6 like this.
  5. welshiebiff

welshiebiff Member

I melted some ninjaflex in the end. Works fine now.

6. cez

cez Well-Known Member

Is the rubber o ring fitted? and did you cut the tube to the correct length? it should be pushed in as far as it will go

7. Rob65

Rob65 Member

I have 2 Titans to convert both printers I built (one for me and one for a friend) to Titan/v6.
    The first one has a very tight fit and I need quite some force (even without the filament guide) to push it in. The second one has a real light fit and without the PC cover screwed on I can rotate the v6.

Both are original E3D parts but bought at different times. It seems there is a slight variation in extruded plastic parts.

8. Scott C Anderson

Mine completely rotates free around the Z axis.. is this normal/. brand new v^ hotend and Titan extruder.. assembled to all instructions. When i tighten the Titan clear cover, I can completely rotate the hot end freely, sink, block, everything rotates ... seems weird to me.