Varying Nozzle Geometry

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by chrahp, May 1, 2014.

1. chrahp

chrahp Member

I've ordered several replacement nozzles from Filastruder, being in the US, and several hot ends direct from e3d, in an attempt to do the nozzle orifice bore length reduction mod that mhackney pioneered on the seemecnc forums. I'm using the 3mm variant. The issue is that external nozzle geometry apparently varies, making some nozzles impossible to bore out, while with others, I am capable of doing so. The taper from the nozzle tip to the base of the hexagonal portion varies considerably, measuring the diameter at the widest portion, some are ~4mm and others are around ~5mm, and it appears to be a crap-shoot as to which one i'll get when I order. Have there been any nozzle geometry changes? And is there any documentation with dimensions for both variants?

2. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Chrahp,

There have been no changes made and the drawings on our documentation page are accurate. I have not observed this variability or had any reported in the past, so would be very keen to understand what is happening! If you could maybe post some photos that would help us identify what the source of the problem is.

Cheers,
    Josh