Vertical Striations: Bearing Issue?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by JohnEsc, May 15, 2016.

1. JohnEsc

JohnEsc Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that these vertical striations that keep repeating as seen in this pic are due to a bad bearing...
    I have the Misumi bearings waiting to be installed as soon as I have a few days off, think it will improve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

That seems too regular for linear bearing problems. I would look for a slicing problem here and run the STL through Netfab to check and correct it, although, if you are using S3D, I believe it should do the check anyway.

3. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

These are the start/stop marks on every layer change. You can set these at random in S3D (on the Edit Process window, the Layer tab and then the Start Points section).

4. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

Yes. You might even be able to manually position the X,Y start position to INSIDE the cylinder. Or at least around the back (if there is one!).

btw. changing the Z axis Misumis turns out to be really easy: after taking out the lead screws it turns out its possible to do them one by one without ever having to disassemble the bed or even take it out of position.

(I can see bands in your prints that are going to improve)

Spoon Unit likes this.