Volcano Compatibility

Discussion in 'Volcano' started by B4d_M0nk3y, Mar 13, 2018.

1. B4d_M0nk3y

B4d_M0nk3y Member

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been asked, or if this is not the correct place to ask.

Basically, for a printer I am building (Code name: "El Grande") I was thinking of using a single v6 with Volcano using a 0.8 nozzle.

However, the v6 I had for this has been reassigned to Da Zombi (My bricked Da Vinci 1.0 that i rebuilt o use Marlin).

Also, it occurred to me that a single nozzle will not work too well on El Grande, so i am looking in to dual extrusion options. As its going to be a semi-large format (by today's standards) I am wanting to use a 0.8mm nozzle, so Volcano is the sensible option (plus i have a kit kicking about).

Due to the need for dual extruders and me being a financially tight, i am looking at the Lite 6. So, In short will a volcano block work on the lite6 on a larger format printer?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I just want to check before spending the monies.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

It will work absolutely fine if you only print materials under 245°C.

3. B4d_M0nk3y

B4d_M0nk3y Member

Awesome thanks, initially it will only be PLA, but once i get this working, i will be putting an enclosure on it and moving to ABS, so 245 should work fine.

Thanks again!